Thursday, May 13, 2010

Paris is the Theme

As I mentioned in my first post, I have been preparing for my daughter's 1st birthday. Her name is Madeline so I thought it would be fun to base her party theme on all things related to Paris. Why? The name, Madeleine is the actual French version of Madeline. Also, my daughter's name, is from the popular classic books about a little girl with the same spelling of the name, living in Paris. I am not sure if the party will be entirely based off of this character, but I will probably focus more on items that represent Paris, such as the Eiffel Tower.

I was at Trader Joe's today doing my weekly market shopping. I love Trader Joe's! I don't go there as often as I would like to since there are other markets much closer to my house. I have always been drawn to the food labels and box designs that are produced by Trader Joe's. They use very simple and clean styles to sell their products.

I came across this pasta sauce bottle. I have never tried it, but because of the way the label looked, I did not hesitate to place it in my cart. It is nothing fancy, but it has a vintage look that has me constantly staring at the bottle. I love the old Parisian style and many of them like to use borders around their text. Borders will definitely appear in the printed invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment